I’ve long considered The Strangers to be one of the most effective horror movies in the modern era. Where a lot of stuff is focused on the extreme, the blood and violence and sparkly vampires, The Strangers used minimalism to rope its viewers in. Scream Factory is releasing a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray edition of the film on March 6th. This is one of those titles that was previously released on Blu-ray, so it will be a double-dip for some. It’s well worth it, to me, as I feel that the movie deserves the Scream Factory treatment. See below for complete details.
Los Angeles, CA – Scream Factory has announced the March 6 Blu-ray release of The Strangers [Collector’s Edition]. Bonus features include new HD masters derived from the 2K digital intermediate for both the theatrical and unrated versions, interviews with the cast and crew, new interviews with writer/director Bryan Bertino, actors Kip Weeks and Laura Margolis, editor Kevin Greutert, as well as deleted scenes, TV spots, the theatrical trailer, and still gallery.
Explore your worst fears with this shocking suspense thriller inspired by disturbing true events. After a 4 a.m. knock at the door and a haunting voice, Kristen McKay (Liv Tyler, The Leftovers) and James Hoyt (Scott Speedman, Underworld) find that their remote getaway becomes a night of psychological terror as three masked strangers invade. Faced with inscrutable tormentors, Kristen and James must go beyond what they think they’re able to endure if they have any hope to survive.
· NEW HD master of the theatrical cut taken from the 2K digital intermediate
· The Element of Terror – interviews with the cast and crew
· Strangers at the Door – interviews with writer/director Bryan Bertino and the cast
· Deleted Scenes
· TV Spots
· Theatrical Trailer
· NEW HD master of the unrated cut taken from the 2K digital intermediate
· NEW Defining Moments – an interview with writer/director Bryan Bertino
· NEW All the Right Moves – an interview with actor Kip Weeks (Man in the Mask)
· NEW Brains and Brawn – an interview with actress Laura Margolis (Pin Up Girl)
· NEW Deep Cuts – an interview with editor Kevin Greutert
· Still Gallery