So, Scream Factory announced a whopping 10 titles while at Comic Con. Some of the titles announced were expected, and others were not. All of them will be awesome additions to their already-impressive arsenal of classic genre films. On their Facebook page today, Scream Factory issued an update for some of their future lineup. This includes the release date for some titles, and further information about some of the more popular releases this fall, such as the availability of Nightbreed Limited Edition, as well as the current status of Dog Soldiers. See below for details.
NIGHTBREED: The Director’s Cut – Limited Edition
Scream Factory acknowledged that they have been bombarded with questions about when fans could expect the pre-order of the set to go live on Amazon again. At the time of this posting, they had this to say:
– We’ve had a lot asked when Amazon will restart pre-orders again for NIGHTBREED: THE LIMITED EDITION in light of that we were able to increase our number of units. We’ve been told any day now.
However, I checked right before I made this post, and it would appear that the pre-orders are live again on Amazon.com. Some of you may be disappointed, because that initial 30 percent off is no longer the case. You can now pre-order the Limited Edition release of Nightbreed: The Director’s Cut for $71.97. That’s still a little cheaper than if you were to do it through Shoutfactory.com, but it would appear that if you didn’t get your order in with them early, you have missed out on that sweet price of $55. Whether or not the set will sellout now that the limited nature of the release has been doubled in size, remains to be seen. However, if you’re going to make the purchase, you may want to do it now, just in case such a thing were to happen.
- The Doctor And The Devil’s Blu-ray Will Be Released On November 4th
- Dolls Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Will Be Released On November 11th. The artwork will be revealed shortly
- The Dark Half Blu-ray Will Be Released On November 18th
- Monkey Shines Blu-ray Will Be Released On November 18th
In case you’ve forgotten, Scream Factory also announced recently that they would be bringing Lord of Illusions to Blu-ray, and now they have a solid date that we can expect the release. Below is quoted from their original Facebook posting.
– Good news: Clive Barker’s LORD OF ILLUSIONS (COLLECTOR’s EDITION) blu-ray is now scheduled for Dec of this year. No other details at this time.
After the announcement that Scream Factory would be bringing New Year’s Evil to Blu-ray, obviously the main question fans had for them was whether or not they’d be able to have the release ready for the new year. Unfortunately, it looks to be impossible, but hey, we’ll have it to watch on Blu-ray the following year. Below is what they had to say.
– Since we announced NEW YEAR’S EVIL on Blu-ray this past weekend at Comic Con, we’ve had several fans ask if we are going to be able to get this out before New Year’s Eve 2014 – which would be ideal of course. Unfortunately, despite attempts to do just that, we will not be able to have this land in Dec. Early 2015 is the plan.
Another recently announced title that we have almost no information about, is Hellhole. Below is an update as to the status of that release. I’ve never even seen this movie, so anything is news to me. After reading about the film I’m glad that I will have an excuse to visit something I have apparently missed up until this point. It sounds as if they’re having trouble locating all of the materials they need for the release, so it’s going to be a little bit longer than expected.
– HELLHOLE is still in a “hellhole”. We are trying are best to locate usable elements and there are surrounding legal issues too. We are still trying for 2015. We regret announcing this so soon without having all the ducks in a row and for that we apologize.
Another acquisition that Scream Factory fans are quite literally chomping at the bits for, is Dog Soldiers. There was some kind of confusion behind-the-scenes, which led to Scream Factory having to delay this release once already, but it sounds like progress is being made, and we can expect this release to come to fruition sometime in 2015. That feels like a summertime release to me. Anyway, below is what they had to say in the original Facebook posting:
– DOG SOLDIERS is still planned for 2015. Date though is still TBD.
If you find yourself growing anxious for some of these great releases, remember that they have a ton of great stuff being released between now and then. Motel Hell, Without Warning, Leviathan, Phantom of the Paradise and The Legend of Hell House will all be released throughout the month of August. The latter half of this year is going to be a hectic time for genre home video collectors. Better start selling some of your plasma.